The seventh-day Adventist "prophet" Ellen G. White actually taught that the Sabbath is the most important of the 10 commandments above all others!
This is an example of how false doctrine gives birth to some wild ideas!
This is one of the original arguments used by the Adventist's inspired prophet Ellen G. White! She falsely taught that the Sabbath is God's special law above all laws:
- "I beheld the tables of stone on which the Ten Commandments were written. I was amazed as I saw the fourth commandment in the very center of the ten precepts with a soft halo of light encircling it. Said the angel, 'It is the only one of the ten which defines the living God who created the heavens and the earth and all things that are therein."' (Life Sketches of Ellen G. White, Pages 95-96, Official Adventist publication)
- "Jesus opened them, and I saw the Ten Commandments written on them with the finger of God. On one table were Four and on the other six. The four on the first table shone brighter than the other six. But the fourth, the Sabbath commandment, shone above them all; for the Sabbath was set apart to be kept in honor of God's holy name. The holy Sabbath looked glorious a halo of glory was all around it. I saw that the Sabbath commandment was not nailed to the cross." (Early Writings of Ellen G. White, page 33, Official Adventist publication)
Proof that the Sabbath law was not special above all other laws:
A Do Sabbatarians really believe that God would make any law including the ceremonial Sabbath law above and more important than the very first commandment to "have no other God's before me"?
- Do Adventists really think God would make the 4th commandment GLOW brighter than the 1st commandment to have no other God's than Jehovah???
- Jesus identified the two FOREMOST commands and the Sabbath isn't one of them! He said that the ten commandments do not contain the two greatest moral commandments in Matthew 22:36-40 Too bad for Sabbatarians: This would have been a great place for Jesus to quote the Sabbath law or at least one of the 10 commandments! "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets." (Matthew 22:36-40)
- Jesus taught that the Sabbath should be broken, if it conflicted with a higher law of God like human compassion!
- Adventists need look closely at what Paul said about Sabbath keepers Gal 4:10 "You observe DAYS and months and seasons and years. I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain"
- Such a suggestion is deluded blasphemy!!! Think about it!
- Remember Ellen White was a plagiarist who has been proven to even copy what she claimed were visions from books in the public library!
- Ellen G. White was a false prophet: Colossians 2:18 "Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by... taking his (her) stand on visions he (she) has seen, inflated without cause by his (Ellen White's) fleshly mind" (NASB)
B The Sabbath day is not elevated in any way above other holy days in the Old testament:
Look carefully at the language that describes the holy days below. They are all described equally "holy or high". We can't see where the Sabbath is elevated above other ceremonial feast days, CAN YOU???
- Lev 23:1-7 "The Lord spoke again to Moses, saying, "Speak to the sons of Israel, and say to them, 'The Lord's appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations-My appointed times are these:
- WEEKLY SABBATH: "'For six days work may be done; but on the seventh day there is a Sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a Sabbath to the Lord in all your dwellings. Lev 23:1-7
- PASSOVER: 'These are the appointed times of the Lord, holy convocationswhich you shall proclaim at the times appointed for them. 'In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight is the Lord's Passover. Lev 23:1-7
- FEAST OF UNLEAVENED BREAD: 'Then on the fifteenth day of the same month there is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord; for seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. 'On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall not do any laborious work. 'But for seven days you shall present an offering by fire to the Lord. On the seventh day is a holyconvocation; you shall not do any laborious work.'" Lev 23:1-7
Post a Comment